“DEFENCE AND SECURITY TECHNICAL SYSTEMS“
04th March – 14th June 2019
- The International Semester “Defence and Security Technical Systems” is conducted in English;
- The semester has a duration of 15 weeks, of which 5 weeks for teaching activities, 9 weeks for scientific project and one week for evaluation;
- The theoretical disciplines included in the international semester are planned and carried out modularly;
- The didactic activities take place at a rate of 26 hours per week;
- The activities related to the scientific project are carried out in international teams of 4-6 students, the activity being supervised by the member of the teaching staff responsible for the project;
- The participants in the international semester are undergraduate students from international and national military academies/civilian universities. Between the institutions of origin and the Military Technical Academy “Ferdinand I” there must be an Erasmus + interinstitutional agreement or a bilateral agreement by which the institutions of origin assume the recognition and equivalence of academic achievements and ECTS credits;
- Students from the Military Technical Academy “Ferdinand I” can participate in the International Semester, in which case the faculties of origin assume the recognition and the equivalence of academic achievements and ECTS credits;
- The eligibility criteria for accepting Romanian and foreign students at the international semester courses are as follows:
– to be enrolled in a university degree program from abroad or from Romania;
– to have an Erasmus + interinstitutional agreement or a bilateral agreement signed between the institution of origin and the Military Technical Academy “Ferdinand I”;
– to prove that they have completed at least one year of study in a bachelor’s degree program;
– to provide evidence of having at least a B2 English level;
- The admission of candidates to fill vacancies for the international semester shall be done based on the overall average of the years of study completed;
- Upon graduation, the Military Technical Academy “Ferdinand I” issues a graduation certificate accompanied by the transcript of records.
teaching objectives and competencies
The teaching objective of the International Semeter is to prepare the participants for the acquisition of professional and transversal competencies that allow them to develop projects in the field of technical defence and security systems in international, multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
Professional competencies: analysis of the constructive-functional principles of technical systems; modeling and simulation of phenomena and processes specific to technical systems; designing the main components and/or manufacturing technologies for technical systems; testing, assessing and ensuring the quality of technical systems for defence and security; management of technical defence and security projects.
Transversal competencies: responsible execution of professional tasks based on documentation, logical reasoning, practical applicability, evaluation, self-evaluation and optimal decision; performing activities and employing specific teamwork roles on different responsibilities, as well as assigning tasks for subordinate levels based on communication, cooperation, mutual respect, and using the feedback to improve their own work and the spirit of initiative; professional communication in a multidisciplinary, multicultural and international context.